As the Senior HR Director, Reed Elsevier Technology Services (RETS) your key roles and responsibilities will include:
• Develop and implement Business Unit (BU) HR specific strategies and initiatives to support delivery of business strategy including strategy assessment and change management
• Effectively partner in cascade of and tracking the effectiveness of Corporate HR strategy and initiatives; help shape and inform Corporate HR Strategy based on BU experience and input
• Ensure coaching and facilitation support to management and employees on matters of strategic implementation, goal setting and policy development in support of achieving corporate and BU objectives and business growth
• Facilitate and guide employee relations while ensuring statutory compliance and the best possible outcome for the organization
• Enable and assist leaders who own Employee Life Cycle including but not limited to – On-boarding, Coaching, Performance Management, Development, Transfer, Exit and associated processes to ensure maximum impact, effectiveness and engagement
• Execute strategic portions of global programs/frameworks
• Utilize HR metrics to inform and engage in activities that assist in driving toward shared accountability with the BU
• Lead and drive workforce planning, restructuring, organizational design, change management, talent development and organizational culture work to address the talent needs of the BU
• Advise, guide and support the BU leaders in adopting best HR practice across BU and ensure policies and practices conform with employment legislation
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum 10 – 12 years’ experience including having supported a technology organization
What we are looking for in you:
• Excellent HR generalist skills (performance management, employee relations, workforce planning, talent development, organizational design)
• Well-honed interpersonal skills (strong sense of sensitivity to people issues - emotional intelligence / empathy while balancing the needs of the employee and business)
• Strong organizational consulting, leadership and time management skills
• Success influencing and working collaboratively in a matrix environment
• Solid business acumen
• Executive-level Facilitation, Written and Verbal Communication skills
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Quarterly 401K Match
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Two Paid Volunteer Days
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
Reed Elsevier Technology Services (RETS) was formed to centralize global IT services for Reed Elsevier and to deliver reliable, customer-centric and cost effective information driven solutions to business partners.
RETS Mission is to make technology infrastructure a competitive advantage for Reed Elsevier.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.