IT Technical Product Development
This position exists to be a developer for the GCSD Content Repository implemented on the High Performance
Compute Cluster (HPCC) utilizing the ECL programming language. This position will involve designing and writing ECL code for HPCC computer systems, solving technical problems, performance analysis and tuning of ECL code, and serving as a source of expertise for applications running on HPCC.
1. Determines feasibility of customer requirements and designs solutions, builds and integrates the implementation.
2. Proactively researches and monitors emerging technologies and advancements in the area of expertise, recommends innovative and effective solutions based on research and analysis of findings.
3. Communicates technical information successfully with technical and non-technical audiences such engineers, users of the system, management, and other relevant parties.
4. Maintains an understanding of current industry trends through various sources such as webinars, vendor seminars, training sessions, etc.
5. Develops plans and procedures and establishes guidelines for overall system improvement.
6. Leads technical development to successful implementation of quality code products.
7. Remains current on industry standards and advances within area of expertise.
8. Other duties as assigned.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis� and Nexis� services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
1. Position requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent related technical experience.
2. Prior ECL/HPCC experience is required for this position..
3. Java developer with knowledge of Oracle database interactions from Java a strong plus
4. Linux or Unix experience – candidate needs knowledge of how to navigate file systems and how to troubleshoot
services running in a Linux/Unix environment (memory, cpu, etc)
5. Oracle experience
6. Experience working with offshore vendors a plus
7. Needs to be a self-starter
8. Willing to work as part of a team