IT Technical Product Development
As a Business Systems Domain Architect, your key roles and responsibilities will include:
· Be responsible for the architecture of Business Systems technology components that will be used to drive implementation of back office capabilities on the New Lexis platform.
· Provide input on technology strategy development and tactical translation of the strategy to the development organization.
· Provide on-going technology and operational expertise for Business Systems solutions working closely with technical leads to maximize reuse and portability of the underlying technologies.
· Be responsible for technology governance for back office DRIVE assets on the New Lexis Platform.
· Be responsible for business engagement to inform business partners regarding delivered capabilities and cost drivers; educated business partners regarding out of the box/off the shelf capabilities; guide business partners toward delivered capabilities.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or MIS.
· Five or more years of experience in an IT technical role.
· Broad knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft and Oracle.
· Working knowledge of transactional and analytical database concepts, database performance and tuning, and backup and recovery strategies in a production environment.
· Knowledge of LexisNexis application, environment, architecture and processes is a bonus.
What we are looking for in you;
· Proven technical and leadership skills.
· Successful track record in defining, communicating, and executing on technical strategy.
· Versatile communications skills with the ability to communicate technical issues and/or concepts to technical, business, and operational stakeholders.
* Strong Communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem solving environment
* Demonstrated leadership in professional setting
* Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
· Quarterly 401K Match
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· Two Paid Volunteer Days
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Employee Assistance Program
· Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
This position is part of the LexisNexis Legal & Professional Global Technology Organization (GTO), which is responsible for the Legal & Professional global technology strategy, bringing together the company’s applications, product platforms and business systems to deliver LexisNexis world-class content to its customers in innovative ways. GTO is working to transform LexisNexis to leverage technology and processes globally, support new products/ services, and improve the customer experience through effective and efficient delivery of business architecture and strategy.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.