IT Technical Product Development
This position exists to manage the New Lexis portfolio of projects. Communication and facilitation of the sizing’s for new business initiatives, projects, demand management, and long-range planning is coordinated by this position. This position provides facilitation to resolve conflicts and constraints between product development and business owners and also provides facilitation of participatory decision making with key stakeholders surrounding related process and governance activities.
As the Sr. Portfolio & Planning Manager your key roles and responsbilities will include:
* Maintain the most strategic view of business and technology objectives for highly complex projects and how various projects fit within those objectives, and most responsible for the overall prioritization criteria and process and making decisions (or recommendations to executive management).
* Working with the Portfolio leaders and project managers to understand the resource needs of each project (skills, expertise, timing and numbers from various functions) and coordinate resolution of resource conflicts. Continually assess the strategic value of the most complex projects within the most complex portfolios and (re)prioritize resources to drive the best value outcome to the business.
* Conduct planning and prioritization sessions with senior management and maintain & report on Product/Pre-project Portfolios activities.
* Lead New Lexis sizing activity by closely working with business partners, technology teams and PMOs across LN.
* Create, monitor, and continuously improve the Pre-project Planning & Prioritization Process. Clearly, concisely, and regularly communicate this process to the entire organization as needed.
* Leads negotiations and relationship-building within the technology organization and with business partners to facilitate planning and to meet the company objectives and goals.
* Create a dynamic and informative plan as it relates to the overview of program/project delivery. Provide support to analyze what-if scenarios and impact analyses as needed
* Support centralized demand management.
* Consult with others both inside and outside the organization to aid understanding, defining, and formulating a clear, concise planning and prioritization process.
* Define, report, and analyze key metrics around demand planning & management and project activity.
* Implement and improve portfolio management toolset, allowing for better scenario and impact analyses and ultimately better business decision-making.
* Supports and implements continuous improvement plans to advance IT’s project portfolio management capabilities to meet new business & market demand
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
* Quarterly 401K Match
* Paid Time Off
* Paid Holidays
* Two Paid Volunteer Days
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Employee Assistance Program
* Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
This position is part of the LexisNexis Legal & Professional Global Technology Organization (GTO), which is responsible for the Legal & Professional global technology strategy, bringing together the company’s applications, product platforms and business systems to deliver LexisNexis world-class content to its customers in innovative ways. GTO is working to transform LexisNexis to leverage technology and processes globally, support new products/ services, and improve the customer experience through effective and efficient delivery of business architecture and strategy.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis� and Nexis� services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
* Minimum of 7 years of leading and managing project portfolio’s in fast-paced, enterprise environment
* Hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and budgeting
* Experience leading projects and programs within and outside IT, as well as projects and programs that involved external providers
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
* Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science, business, or a related discipline