IT Technical Product Development
This position exists to perform software development and provide technical subject matter expertise to the LexisNexis PeopleSoft HR team. This role reports to Senior PeopleSoft Technical Leadership and works in collaboration with the onshore and offshore engineering teams and their management, to design and create technical specifications from functional requirements, perform software development and work through all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC). The role will work with the PeopleSoft technical development teams, the PeopleSoft System Administration service, PeopleSoft infrastructure and the outsourced vendor resources who are responsible for PeopleSoft support.
This role utilizes PeopleSoft technology solutions to support business strategies and improve business processes
while delivering quality development for HR and related systems, reports and processes. The role will participate in hands on development work following comprehensive training and exposure to technical tools and skill required for this position.
As the Software Engineer – PeopleSoft HR your key roles and responsibilities will include:
1. Will provide technical expertise within the PeopleSoft HR and Portal Application suite version 9.x.
2. Follows established development and architectural standards.
3. Collaborates across engineering, domain architecture and the System Administration functions.
4. Works with engineering teams to design deliverables, prepare sizing’s, develop schedules, and implement requirements to meet deadlines.
5. Strives to embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, best practice and industry trends from a variety of sources (internal and external) to create quality HR solutions, products, and services.
1. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related major.
2. Minimum of 2 years’ hands on, developer experience with PeopleSoft HCM/HR.
What we are looking for in you:
1. Experience in Packaged Software such as PeopleSoft or similar ERP is a plus.
2. Ability to work on teams consisting of both employees and vendor resources in multiple locations and time zones.
3. Previous design and/or modelling experience required.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability and willingness to travel within the US and abroad.
6. Exposure to the following would be beneficial but not required:
- Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX/LINUX.
- Languages: C, C++, Java, .Net, Visual Basic, HTML, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, any object oriented languages.
- Database: Oracle
- Software Testing Tools: QTP, Quality Center, Test Director, and Load Runner.
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Fire Fox.
- Servers: Web Logic, Web Sphere, IIS.
- Version Control Tools: Quest STAT
- Application: MS Office, Visio
- PeopleSoft Tools: PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Integration Broker, Component Interface, Application Engine
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
· Quarterly 401K Match
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· Two Paid Volunteer Days
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Employee Assistance Program
· Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
This position is part of the LexisNexis Legal & Professional Global Technology Organization (GTO), which is responsible for the Legal & Professional global technology strategy, bringing together the company’s applications, product platforms and business systems to deliver LexisNexis world-class content to its customers in innovative ways. GTO is working to transform LexisNexis to leverage technology and processes globally, support new products/ services, and improve the customer experience through effective and efficient delivery of business architecture and strategy.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.