IT Technical Product Development
If you are a talented web developer who has had success in modern web application software engineering then LexisNexis has an environment where your skills will be valued, your capabilities will be further challenged, and you will grow. We are building a global web product that will serve as a multi-billion dollar flagship for our company. You will work closely with product managers, designers, SQE, and project managers in delivering this product that meets our complex business rules and serves the vital needs of our global customer base.
As the Sr Software Engineer your key roles and responsibilities will include:
* Design and develop software for the product
* Deliver prototypes of important patterns/techniques to be followed across the broader team
* Lead less experienced engineers in their growth into web application development
* Learn patterns/techniques from other highly talented engineers within the team
* Assess and improve the performance of existing software and of the software you produce
* Negotiate requirements with the product management team
* Deliver within architectural guidelines (some of which you can help formulate)
* Provide or contribute to plans for the development efforts of you and your team
* Keep up-to-date on emerging technologies and tools in your field of expertise
* Occasional travel is required
* BS in computer science or a related field
* 4+ years of web development and software engineering experience
What we are looking for in you:
* Experience producing modular software designs and implementations that consider functionality, performance, and maintainability
* Knowledge of REST principles
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a software team
* Ability to manage your time
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
* Quarterly 401K Match
* Paid Time Off
* Paid Holidays
* Two Paid Volunteer Days
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Employee Assistance Program
* Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
This position is part of the LexisNexis Legal & Professional Global Technology Organization (GTO), which is responsible for the Legal & Professional global technology strategy, bringing together the company’s applications, product platforms and business systems to deliver LexisNexis world-class content to its customers in innovative ways. GTO is working to transform LexisNexis to leverage technology and processes globally, support new products/ services, and improve the customer experience through effective and efficient delivery of business architecture and strategy.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.