IT Technical Product Development
Quality Test Analyst
Dayton, OH or Boca Raton, FL
If you have great enthusiasm for testing software and 1 or more years of experience - including hands-on testing and applying different test methodologies -- this may be the job for you. As a Quality Test Analyst, you will be responsible for testing of our products and you will develop new skills in a variety of assignments.
Skills and Experience required:
At least one or more years experience as a QA tester
Familiar with at least one standard QA methodology
Desired Skills and Experience: Nice to have but not required:
1. Develops and executes testing for assigned projects to successfully and consistently deliver high quality software products and services on time, on budget and to specification, reacting quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet the needs of the business. Helps to identify opportunities to apply automation or other tools to improve the effectiveness or efficiency of testing.
2. Interfaces with Product Management, Project Management, Engineering, and Operations teams to plan testing for delivery of products and enhancements and to assure products meet product requirements and quality standards.
3. Works with project managers, technical leads, and subject matter experts to plan and execute functional and system tests. Responsible for construction and execution of test plans and test cases/scripts including regression, integration, certification, and load testing as appropriate in a manner consistent with team standards, documenting accordingly. Reports issues and results, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate. Ensures that testing addresses requirements as agreed with other stakeholders.
4. Cooperates in the enhancement of the methodologies employed for test planning and execution, defect tracking, and metric and status reporting; leads or participates in continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices.
5. May participate in initiatives to implement tools and utilities that enhance testing capabilities and product quality. Identifies opportunities to apply existing automation or other tools to meet testing needs including but not limited to process improvements.
6. Performs other duties as assigned, which may include the leadership and workflow management of a small team.
1. BS degree with computer science, quality assurance, engineering or related degree; OR, Equivalent work experience.
2. 1+ yrs in testing and quality assurance processes, tools, and methodologies. Experience in test planning, including developing test approaches, cases, conditions, and expected results, and in test execution and results analysis.
3. Ability to complete testing to deliver high-quality, complex projects on time, on budget, and to specification.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to discuss issues and concepts with technical and business personnel. Must be able to work effectively with a variety of individuals, including management, engineering, operations, project management, product management, and QA staff. Must be focused on detail and accuracy.
5. Ability to work through complex problems to reach a workable solution.
6. Ability to understand large complex systems of diverse technologies and functions.
7. 1or more years experience in the planning and execution of software testing, including hands-on testing and applying different test methodologies.
8. Ability to work in complex testing environments in order to test cross-platform impacts.
9. Experience with the business and systems of the line of business or similar unit supported.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions (www.lexisnexis.com/risk) is a leader in providing essential information that helps customers across all industries and government predict, assess and manage risk. Combining cutting-edge technology, unique data and advanced scoring analytics, we provide products and services that address evolving client needs in the risk sector while upholding the highest standards of security and privacy. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is part of Reed Elsevier, a leading publisher and information provider that serves customers in more than 100 countries with more than 30,000 employees worldwide.