Project Program Management
This entry level position exists to be primarily responsible for supporting the Sr. Director and Program Managers in the compilation and creation of executive level status reporting and budget tracking. Also advises the Manager on project or budget management techniques and tools and keeps the Project Manager up-to-date on status. Further, this position supports and facilitates communication concerning the project, manages project documentation and serves as an on the spot process and toolset expert.
As the Project Specialist your key roles and responsibilities will include:
· Provide direct assistance to Managers to manage and maintain project or program budgets and to provide budget tracking and analysis through a hands-on knowledge of company project accounting processes (RPM, RF cycles, project budget status reporting, invoice handling, etc.) and the tools involved (Excel, PeopleSoft systems, etc.).
· Provide direct assistance to Managers to create, manage and maintain project schedules through hands-on knowledge of: Applicable toolsets, MS Project, Other Project Server & Time Server applications
· Provide direct assistance to Managers to create, manage and maintain project scope through knowledge of Work Breakdown Structure techniques and the tools used to display and communicate them.
· Provide documentation management for project teams, especially concerning creation and use of company repository and Intranet.
· Provide basic web-site development and maintenance in support of documentation and other needs as identified by the Manager.
· Provide ad hoc support to all Managers and project teams to answer questions regarding project management processes and provide short-term assistance in creating and managing project scope, schedule and budget.
· Show individual leadership by exerting influence as a project team member to fulfil the above accountabilities.
· Other duties as assigned.
· AA in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, etc. or equivalent experience
· Prior experience in project planning
· Excellent clerical and organizational skills
· Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
· Experience in web development helpful
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
· Quarterly 401K Match
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· Two Paid Volunteer Days
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Employee Assistance Program
· Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
This position is part of the LexisNexis Legal & Professional Global Technology Organization (GTO), which is responsible for the Legal & Professional global technology strategy, bringing together the company’s applications, product platforms and business systems to deliver LexisNexis world-class content to its customers in innovative ways. GTO is working to transform LexisNexis to leverage technology and processes globally, support new products/ services, and improve the customer experience through effective and efficient delivery of business architecture and strategy.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.