IT Technical Product Development
This leadership position exists to provide management oversight, strategy and thought leadership to LexisNexis' Customer Relationship Management (including all Sales Service and Marketing) IT Systems footprint. It is responsible for the total performance/capability management of others within their function or department and is accountable for the development, motivation, assessment and reward of these employees. Incumbent may be responsible for managing projects or sub-projects within the Sales Service and Marketing functional area. The position will oversee all ORACLE/Siebel and legacy CRM related packaged software and custom developed systems across the Sales, Service and Marketing domain, providing overall coordination for the development of an Oracle/Siebel centric CRM systems infrastructure with interfaced applications, including Oracle's BRM and PeopleSoft systems.
As the Manager Sales, Marketing and Service your key roles and responsibilities will include:
1. Responsible for the delivery of all IT related deliverables in the “Front Office” domain.
2. Think and act strategically by understanding and communicating the LexisNexis strategy.
3. Design Functional Area business plans within a general tactical framework set by executive management, to support and implement the company strategy.
4. Achieve agreed upon deliverables, including Life Cycle management responsibilities, M&R responsibilities and others as assigned.
5. Provide resources for Investment Committee projects and other base projects through negotiation with Project Managers.
6. Meet or exceed operational targets, service-level agreements, schedules, quality or cost requirements.
7. Responsible for the selection, performance management, salary administration and professional development of their direct reports.
8. Establish and monitor objectives for all employees by providing regular feedback, coaching, training and development.
9. Responsible for determining skills deficiencies in the functional area, and for development and execution of plans to remedy those deficiencies.
10. Deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial interpersonal situations.
11. Able to understand, communicate and demonstrate diversity as a strategic business practice.
12. Able to understand, communicate and practice LexisNexis values and policies.
13. Lead the design and implementation of new functionalities, processes, along with enhancements / modifications to current processes and systems.
14. Leverage the existing application set to automate work activities, thereby streamlining business processes to be more efficient, enabling Client personnel to focus on value-added work.
15. Facilitate key stakeholders alignment and engagement for the program; holding stakeholders accountable for delivering against their commitments.
16. Coordinate all technical inputs to the program, managing cross-team interdependencies and impacts, resolves or escalates issues as required.
17. Manage risks associated with program implementation and developing risk mitigation strategies.
18. Provide department financial management; responsible for supporting and enabling the business to realize the full benefits (both tangible and intangible) of implementing the program.
19. Continue the automating and enhancing key business processes through deployment of the Siebel CRM while retiring legacy “Front Office” systems.
· 7+ years direct experience with Oracle software, Oracle certification a plus.
· At least 10 years of CRM application implementations and / or custom development experience
· BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science desired.
What we are looking for in you:
· Solid understanding of the functional technology and the role of that technology in the LexisNexis strategy as it relates to ORACLE’s (Siebel) CRM and associated ORACLE related products.
· Have a history of designing and deploying Oracle EBS solutions with millions of transactions, complex business processes and mission critical functions.
· Possess a strong track record of engineering leadership with hands on style. Important skills include facilitating resolution of design conflicts, partnering effectively with leadership at different levels to build strong teams, creating workable and realistic plans, and ensuring a smooth execution.
· Be customer focused, seeking constantly to understand, from the customer's point of view, the problems being faced and the solutions that may work best.
· Ability to set direction, multi-year roadmaps, and make cost/benefit trade-off decisions that balance tactical and longer-term strategic objectives.
· Strong working knowledge of Campaigns, Sales and Customer service processes.
· Experienced with at least 3 large scale, multi-site, implementations.
· Extensive experience designing, implementing, and improving business processes in a CRM application environment.
· Experienced with managing systems interface development, whether using a middleware platform or custom development.
· Experienced with systems roll-outs, facilitating change management, conducting user training and providing on-going systems support.
· Experience evaluating, negotiating and managing systems integrators, software and hardware vendors and contractors.
· Experience implementing, designing and enforcing project management methodology and controls.
· Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, prioritizing tasks, providing guidance to a multiple-disciplinary, cross-departmental team.
· Experience managing large teams, crisis management skills and creativity to solve complex business problems.
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
Quarterly 401K Match
Paid Time Off
Two Paid Volunteer Days
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
This position is part of the LexisNexis Legal & Professional Global Technology Organization (GTO), which is responsible for the Legal & Professional global technology strategy, bringing together the company’s applications, product platforms and business systems to deliver LexisNexis world-class content to its customers in innovative ways. GTO is working to transform LexisNexis to leverage technology and processes globally, support new products/ services, and improve the customer experience through effective and efficient delivery of business architecture and strategy.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.