Basic Job Function ~This position types, proofreads and edits data to assist with daily production and meet client schedules.|
1. Transcribes data from source documents according to established procedures and rules.
2. Verifies data entered with source documents, checks for compliance with composition codes and style rules and corrects all typographical errors and missing or repeated data.
3. Operates tracking system to print, add appropriate ID and perform other tracking functions as required.
4. Troubleshoots production problems and takes corrective action when necessary.
5. May recommend changes in programs, routines and quality control standards to improve efficiency within the team environment.
6. Investigates data that is unclear to produce a quality product.
7. Assists in training new employees when requested.
8. Interacts with other team members and external customers in a professional manner.
9. Prepares and maintains quality feedback and other statistical records within the department.
10. Assists external departments with production and statistical information when required.
11. Trains other production employees on assigned projects.
12. Performs other job related duties as required.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Skills in production scheduling.
3. Attention to detail and ability to meet scheduled deadlines.
4. Good verbal and written communication skills.
5. Ability to work in team environment and interact directly with clients when necessary.
6. Basic knowledge of computer applications.
7. Ability to follow standard procedures as outlined by current ISO certification. 8. Available for overtime as required.
9. Ability to match numbers, rank numbers sequentially and possess basic math skills.
10. Ability to identify certain functions, using codes, by following instructions.
11. Ability to replicate test document with source document by following instructions.
12. Ability to type 25 words per minute with 5 or less errors.
13. Excessive sitting while operating PC for long periods.
14. Must be able to reach with hands and arms.
15. Must be able to use arms and hands to operate PC.
Reed Tech is a provider of best-in-class information-based solutions and services to meet the broad needs of the global IP market as well as key regulatory needs of the Life Sciences industry. Our customers include the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, IP driven companies, law firms, and a wide range of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers. The corporate culture is driven by a commitment to excellence, innovation and a strong dedication to its customers, employees and community. Reed Tech is a LexisNexis company.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
. LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact HR-Careers@lexisnexis.com
Job number: RTI000DY
Category: IT/Technical & Product Development
Location: United States, PA, Horsham
Date: December 17, 2014
Join our Talent Network
to receive key career updates.