We have an immediate opening on our IT & Content Operations team. Reporting to the Editorial Manager, Frontlist, you will work closely with authors, suppliers and internal departments, ensuring Frontlist text publications are accurately and consistently produced to budget and on schedule.
As the Editor your key roles and responsibilities will include:
• Oversee or carry out the editorial/production process of assigned publications. Includes the coordination and communication with other departments, authors and freelancers, follow-up re missing or problematic data, copy-edit manuscript, set-up and review page lay-out, review artwork where applicable, request, complete or update tables, verify case law and legislative components
• Various tasks such as completing reports and forms, invoicing, arranging for courier services, approving vandykes, time reporting, and overall file maintenance.
• Co-ordinate with freelancers (editors, proof readers, indexers, and graphic designers) to edit, proofread and index our manuscripts at various stages, to prepare book covers and provide House Style Guide.
• Maintain working relationships with authors to ensure timely delivery of outstanding elements of manuscript and of reviewed proofs.
• Correspond with manager, and numerous co-workers across various departments throughout the process of overseeing a manuscript from its initial stages to final product.
• At least one year of legal editorial experience
• A university degree in English, Journalism or Publishing
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven experience in legal research, editing and proofreading
What we are looking for in you:
• Excellent computer skills
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Strong attention to detail; ability to produce documents that are grammatically correct and accurate;
• Ability to adapt to changing needs and requirements;
• Deductive reasoning, visualization (page lay-out), and near vision
• The ability to function independently as well as within a team
• A working knowledge of French (asset)
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Pension Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Vacation Days
• Paid Personal Leave Days
• Paid Stat Holidays
• Two Paid Volunteer Days
• Summer Hours
LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting and academic markets. LexisNexis originally pioneered online information with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. A member of Reed Elsevier [NYSE: ENL; NYSE: RUK], LexisNexis serves customers in more than 100 countries with 18,000 employees worldwide.
In Canada, LexisNexis serves professionals in law firms, corporations, government and academic institutions, providing them with total solutions that serve professionals’ changing needs and help them achieve excellence.
LexisNexis Canada Inc. is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Job number: LN 0020Z
Location: Canada, Ontario, Markham
Date: February 11, 2014
Join our Talent Network
to receive key career updates.