Editor – Case Law / Legislation
LexisNexis : NA-CAN-Ontario-Markham
6-12 month Contract
Life at LexisNexis is about being a part of something bigger, about your passion to shape the future, about being able to push boundaries to new levels through technology and content, innovation, collaboration with our customers, and advancing the rule of law.
We are evolving the way professionals access information, gain insights and make better business decisions through our next-generation products and solutions. As a result, we help lawyers win cases, corporations detect fraud, governments shape nations and academic institutions shape the future of those nations.
Our company is made up of a smart and curious group of people, who are driven to advance the rule of law and propel our customers to succeed.
We are seeking a passionate and talented Editor for our Publishing team.
As the Editor your key roles and responsibilities will include:
• Overseeing receipt of data for legislative or case law sources
• Completing the processing of new legislative documents and incorporating amendments in accordance with set standards, codes and metrics
• Assist in all case law and legislation duties, as required
• Ensuring currency and quality standards are maintained
• Learning and conforming to defined procedures, systems and other initiatives
• Editing skills
• Computer skills
• General knowledge of the Canadian and Quebec legal systems and legal terminology (asset)
What we are looking for in you:
• Positive and enthusiastic team member
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Independent judgment and initiative
• Ability to work in French language (asset)
Competitive salary plus:
• Vacation Pay Paid Biweekly
• Paid Stat Holidays
• Summer Hours
LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting and academic markets. LexisNexis originally pioneered online information with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. A member of Reed Elsevier [NYSE: ENL; NYSE: RUK], LexisNexis serves customers in more than 100 countries with 18,000 employees worldwide.
In Canada, LexisNexis serves professionals in law firms, corporations, government and academic institutions, providing them with total solutions that serve professionals’ changing needs and help them achieve excellence.
LexisNexis Canada Inc. is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Job number: LN 0025C
Location: Canada, Ontario, Markham
Date: February 02, 2015
Join our Talent Network
to receive key career updates.
View Similar Jobs
- Markham ON Canada
- Markham ON Canada