The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for the test analysis, test documentation and test execution effort to support the development and implementation of software changes. This person will be responsible for creating and executing test plans and test scripts according to department policies and procedures to verify software changes are aligned with the business need and to support our SDLC. The Analyst is expected to play an active role in the discussion of business requirements and bring issues such as workflow, consistency, and usability to the forefront of the discussion to guide the design to a comprehensive solution. This position will work closely with product stakeholders, developers and business analysts.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participate in the design, development and implementation of QA and test standards, processes and procedures to maintain required levels of software quality and software product reliability on projects.
2. Create and execute test plans and test scripts for assigned projects.
3. Adhere to company?s ISO guidelines and validation requirements as appropriate and relevant to project documentation.
4. Collaborate with software developers, business analysts and stakeholders throughout the software life cycle to ensure software design and functionality expectations remain aligned.
5. Estimate the test effort for assigned projects.
6. Test assigned projects in the specified time frame.
7. Escalate defects and risk concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
8. Able to serve as lead to QA Test Specialists on large projects by organizing the test effort and providing guidance on test analysis and planning.
9. Provide teams and managers with status on projects.
10. Create automated test scripts to support regression test library.
11. Employ excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
12. Employ excellent verbal and written communication skills to collect the appropriate amount of information to design and document test scripts which will be reusable.
1. Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
2. 3-7 years experience in a QA Analyst or Test Specialist role.
3. Competency in SDLC methods and practices.
4. Experience with web-based applications, web services and databases.
5. Experience with an automated test tool.
6. Ability to work in a collaborative environment, promoting and maintaining a cooperative relationship with co-workers and customers while promoting improvements in the QA Process.
7. Ability to take the point of view of the customer.
8. A commitment to deliver quality products to users and stakeholders.
9. Ability to prioritize tasks based on business needs and product/project impact. 10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
11. Excellent organizational and decision-making skills.
Reed Technology, part of the LexisNexis family, serves its clients in the public and private sectors with the expertise and capacity required in the technology-focused field of content management services.
Since 1969, Reed Tech has been a contractor to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), capturing and preparing patent information for electronic publication. We have processed over half of the eight million patents issued by the USPTO in the history of the United States. Currently, we produce over 180,000 unique pages of published XML patent material each week.
For our more than 650 Life Sciences customers, which include five of the top ten pharmaceutical manufacturers in the world, we have converted over 23,500 Structured Product Labels (SPLs).
The latest offering in the Reed Tech service suite includes web archiving solutions for eDiscovery, litigation and records management purposes.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis� and Nexis� services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job number: RTI0009Y
Category: Operations (inc. Manufacturing)
Location: United States, PA, Horsham
Date: May 06, 2014
Join our Talent Network
to receive key career updates.