Markham, Ontario – 1 year contract
We have an immediate opening on our IT &, reporting to Application Developer - Manager. This position will be responsible for detailed technical design, development, test and deployment of integrated application systems.
As the Systems Analyst your key roles and responsibilities will include:
Assess and provide feedback on the requirements including analysis, alternatives and recommendations
Provide input in systems and program design
Perform systems and program design and documentation
Code and test programs
Plan and execute system testing, conversion and implementation
Assist with client and operations testing and training
Ensure the stability and cost effective operation of the system
Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs
Make recommendations to management for improvements
Provide support for production incidents and problems
• University degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 4-8 years of work experience in developing .Net applications and MSSQL
What we are looking for in you:
• Experience with the inception, elaboration, implementation and transition phases of a system development life cycle in a complex business environment. Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives or activities. Effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation
• Excellent MS-SQL skills (in SQL Server 2008) including: SSIS migration, data warehouse, T-SQL and stored procedures
• Good consultative skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task effectively in fast-paced, multiple project environment, strong ability to prioritize activities and excellent time management and organizational skills
Competitive salary plus:
• Vacation Pay Paid Biweekly
• Paid Stat Holidays
• Summer Hours
LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting and academic markets. LexisNexis originally pioneered online information with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. A member of Reed Elsevier [NYSE: ENL; NYSE: RUK], LexisNexis serves customers in more than 100 countries with 18,000 employees worldwide.
In Canada, LexisNexis serves professionals in law firms, corporations, government and academic institutions, providing them with total solutions that serve professionals’ changing needs and help them achieve excellence.
LexisNexis Canada Inc. is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Job number: LN 0022W
Category: IT/Technical & Product Development
Location: Canada, Ontario, Markham
Date: June 20, 2014