1 year contract
We are seeking a passionate and talented Training Specialist for our Training Department, with a proven track record of working successfully in a challenging and commercially driven sales/training culture. The Training Specialist is responsible to ensure that all customers receive high quality training on LexisNexis solutions by conducting customized training sessions; analyzing customer needs; creating, designing and maintaining training documentation for customers, trainers and internal staff; maintaining and managing the training schedule for the region; and keeping up to date with all products and services. The Training Specialist is also required to rely on experience and judgement to complete special projects related to Training and Development. This role is an essential component in customer service and retention, ensuring that customers are able to use our products efficiently and understand the value of our services.
As the Training Specialist your key roles and responsibilities will include:
• Conduct high quality training sessions for a diverse customer base on a variety of LexisNexis solutions at LexisNexis training facilities, customer sites and via WebEx. Use experience and judgment to determine type of training required and to customize all sessions based on customer needs, customer subscription, customer role in their organization, area of law, customer experience level and learning styles.
• Work independently to achieve greater product knowledge of all products sold into our market, including sources, features and functionality of the various systems. Share best practices with the team. Test new products and check for and report any problems, errors and anomalies in our products, particularly in the French language.
• Senior Training Consultants are expected to be autonomous, fully prepared, knowledgeable and work under stringent deadlines with minimal direction and minimal supervision. A high degree of latitude, creativity and judgment are expected. It is also expected that the Training Specialist will utilize their experience, knowledge and judgment to identify needs and gaps in our training program and processes and take the initiative to seek out and develop solutions. They are expected to plan, organize and perform multiple tasks and juggle multiple priorities.
• Various additional projects and responsibilities are given to Training Specialists on an on-going basis.
• Post-secondary education (in the field of education, law or library science preferred)
• Post-secondary education in Adult Training or adult teaching experience required
• Legal background or experience strongly preferred
• Bilingual (French and English)
What we are looking for in you:
Ability to quickly assess learning requirements, learning styles and experience levels of groups and individuals
Ability to gain trust from a group so they respect your in-depth knowledge of our products
Ability to work in diverse and challenging environments that are not conducive to learning
Ability to be flexible, creative and think on your feet when facing customer requests that take the trainer outside their comfort zone
Ability to adapt technique, style and content to diverse learners and unexpected situations
Ability to create, evaluate and use a variety of training techniques and training documentation to ensure focus is on the learner
Ability to encourage participation and provide positive feedback
Strong organizing and planning skills
Knowledge and expertise in MS office applications
Ability to work autonomously without supervision
Ability to rely on experience and judgment to make decisions
Competitive salary plus:
• Vacation Pay Paid Biweekly
• Paid Stat Holidays
• Summer Hours
LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting and academic markets. LexisNexis originally pioneered online information with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. A member of Reed Elsevier [NYSE: ENL; NYSE: RUK], LexisNexis serves customers in more than 100 countries with 18,000 employees worldwide.
In Canada, LexisNexis serves professionals in law firms, corporations, government and academic institutions, providing them with total solutions that serve professionals’ changing needs and help them achieve excellence.
LexisNexis Canada Inc. is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Job number: LN 0020T
Category: Customer Services - Support & Training
Location: Canada, Quebec, Montreal
Date: January 28, 2014